In Nigeria, there are many scholarships for students to get help with paying for college. Some are based on merit, and others require a certain number of financial donations. Today will be talking about the Top Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria that you can get in Nigeria so that you can start your education on the right foot!
Top Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
NAOC Scholarship 2022/2023 for Nigerian Students
If you are looking forward to one of the best Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria, then check out the NAOC scholarship. The NAOC scholarship refers to the Nigerian Agip Oil Company scholarship. This scholarship program is a program organized by the company Agip oil for undergraduate students in Nigeria. The host country of this scholarship is Nigeria, and the scholarship is only available to citizens of Nigeria. The scholarship is open to 100 students only, strictly for students who are eligible students of Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics. The scholarship program has two categories: Host communities merit award; this category covers applicants from the National AGIP oil Company host communities. While the second category, which is the National Merit awards cover applicants from non-host communities.
The award for this scholarship covers tuition fees for studies in reputable universities abroad and recognized Nigerian universities.
Eligibility for the scholarship
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
- Candidates applying for the Host Communities merit award must be from National AGIP Oil company host communities.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of 3.0 GPA or equivalent.
SHELL SPDC JV Undergraduate University Scholarship Award
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited offers a full scholarship program that started in the 1950s. The objective of the program is to develop Nigeria’s talent for the future and help youths reach their goals. The program also aims at promoting academic excellence amongst young Nigerians, specifically youths from the less-privileged background. SPDC invites eligible full-time Nigerian students to apply for the SPDC University scholarship.
Eligible candidates will receive full tuition payment and other educational benefits.
Eligibility for SHELL SPDC
- Applicants must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The National Merit award category is open to all Nigerians, whereas the Area of Operation Merit Award is only open to indigenes of SPDC’S operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers states.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates in an accredited course in an approved university in Nigeria.
- Should be in 200 level or possess proof of admission into an accredited university in Nigeria.
MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship
The MTN Foundation scholarship is a scholarship program for Nigerian undergraduate students, offering a maximum of 500 students studying science and technology and related courses, full-sponsorship. This foundation was founded in 2004 and is aimed at offering a sustainable and focused medium through which MTN can promote the educational sector and encourage youths in Nigeria. The scholarship is open to all qualified individuals in all 36 states of Nigeria, including the Federal Capital Territory. This scholarship is on our top list of Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria because of its beneficial awards.
Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarships are awarded a scholarship covering tuition, book allowance, and stipends.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria and a student of accredited Nigerian University
- Applicants ought to be proficient in the English Language.
- Should be a 3rd-year student from a public Tertiary institution, with 3.5CGPA or equivalent
- For blind students (YEAR 2 OR 3), the eligibility requirement includes a minimum of 2.5 CCPA or equivalent.
- Candidate must be eligible 300-level students studying Science and Technology or other related courses in a public university, including polytechnics and the College of Education in Nigeria.
Another great Undergraduate scholarship in Nigeria is the Guinness Undergraduate scholarship. This scholarship is an educational-aid a program aimed at providing several Nigerians with quality education. The program is powered by Guinness, a popular brewery company in Nigeria. Beneficiaries of this program are offered full undergraduate education sponsorship and other benefits. The scholarship scheme covers scholarships for courses like engineering, marketing, human resource, lab science, accounting, microbiology, and biochemistry.
Eligible and selected candidates are offered full sponsorship, including tuition and other school-related expenses.
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
- Applicants are required to be in their 100 level or 200 level in an accredited University or Polytechnic in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be offered courses under the eligible courses to qualify for the scholarship. Eligible courses include:
Marketing and sales
Industrial and labor relations
The final scholarship in our list of top undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria is the PTDF undergraduate scholarship scheme. This scholarship aims at developing and promoting petroleum technology and the creation of human resource needs in the oil and gas sector. Through the training of capable and determined youths, the program aims to achieve learned youths to join the oil and gas industry and other lucrative sectors. The program also aims to promote research and the acquisition of relevant technologies.
Beneficiaries of this scholarship are awarded 250,000 and laptops.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria and must be in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal University listed for a scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have completed their 100-level, thus in year 2 or year 3. Candidates are required to display a minimum of 3.0 CGPA or equivalent.
- Necessary admission and official documents must be provided.
Conclusion: Top Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
Nigeria is one of the most diverse countries in the world, and that’s a good thing! There are scholarships available to students from all corners of Nigeria. Whether you want to study medicine, engineering, or any other field, there is bound to be a scholarship out there for you. I encourage you to take some time to explore the various scholarship options available and apply today! Good Luck!